Monday, July 13, 2015

Review: The Crystal Trilogy by Pat Spence


The Crystal Trilogy by Pat Spence


I was relaxing this past weekend at my family's cottage in Otis, MA. We have a house right on the lake with a gorgeous view. The sunsets are to die for! While spending the weekend here, I went kayaking, and boating, but mostly I just laid out in the sun reading! 

This past week I had come across The Crystal Trilogy books by Pat Spence. The first two books were free so I downloaded them onto my kindle and decided I would give them a try. I thought why not... they're free.

As I started to ready Blue Moon by Pat Spence, I wasn't feeling the book, but I decided to keep reading because it could change. The book started off a little slow for my taste, but I am happy that I stuck with the book because I am one to throw the towel in if I don't like the first few chapters. Honestly I like the characters especially Emily! She has guts but still questions everything. She was desperate to find out what Theo was and wouldn't stop until she unraveled the truth. The book keeps the reader on their toes trying to figure out what Theo and his family are as well. I really liked that this book was different when it comes to finding out the truth behind Theo's family.  

Even though I enjoyed these books, there were also somethings I didn't like, but these are more of personal preferences. Starting off, the book was in Emily's point of view, but then there were chapters throughout the book where they were in narrative form from the authors perspective. I don't like when books change point of views even though I understand in these books it was done to tell a different understanding of the story line and to build up to what was coming in the story.

By the time I started True Blue by Pat Spence, I was expecting there to be more action and fighting than there was. There were only a couple of chapters that dealt with action and defending themselves against the Dark Angel. It was a tad disappointing that there wasn't more to the fighting.


My overall rating for these two book are a 3 out of 5. 



Overview:
Forget vampires,” he laughed dismissively. 

“Who wants to drink blood for eternity? What we have discovered is far more seductive and a great deal more dangerous…” 

When 17-year old Emily Morgan meets beautiful but strange Theo de Lucis, there is an immediate attraction between them. But what is his secret? What ancient link ties him to Emily? And what is the significance of the Blue Moon Ball? 

As Emily is drawn irrevocably into the glamorous and mysterious world of the de Lucis family, so she is forced to change every perception she has ever had about life, love, aging and death. The truth is terrifying and the consequences unthinkable… in this supernatural horror story, based on society’s obsession with aging and the desire for eternal youth… 



No comments:

Post a Comment